Two heart-felt thank yous!
Lunchroom flooring team! Several people helped take out the flooring in the lunchroom in preparation for a new non-carpeted surface!
Sincere gratitude to: Dan Lynds, Lindsay Formhals, Josh Bybee, Mike Dunn, Lance Leese, and Dareld Chittim, Matt Chambers. And thanks in advance to Ken Lindenstein who will be installing the new flooring this week!
Also thanks to the families who got their auction items and tickets in by November 1. We conducted a drawing and the Edwards family won $100 off their December tuition! Congratulations!
This week is full of activity and there are a few action items for you:
1. Half Day Thursday - 12:30 release - teachers will be preparing Report Cards - no busses
2. Veterans Day Friday - no school at all
3. Parent Teacher Conferences are next week Wednesday through Friday. YOU (parents) are a big deal to us and we truly feel that we are partnering with you in your God-given responsibility to educate your children. Our teachers value your input and desire to connect with you to discuss ways we can optimize your student's experience here at ICA. Please call or email the office to sign up for your spot! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Auction items and tickets - Now is the time (actually past time :-) Please bring them in so we can get ready for the big day!
5. First Quarter Awards Luncheon - You are invited to attend this quarterly event that allows us to recognize our students progress! 12:00-1:00 Chicken Ceasar Wraps are on the menu.
Hope you didn't mistake today for a day in May! It really is November.
Bonus feature - Socratic processing for Election Day
Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
Faith is...substance...evidence...tangible...even though I don't see the thing I hope for, yet it is real. I've often pondered this enigmatic verse.
What is it that I dare to hope for today?
Am I hoping to live in a society that agrees with God on everything - at least in those things He has revealed? In such a society would faith flourish? It would certainly be more peaceful...and more comfortable.
Is that what I hope for? There is a sense in which I do hope for that, though I don't really believe it will be a reality until heaven.
I can, however, hope in this faith-way that God will keep me, grow me, and use me to lead others to saving faith as I live with Him every day in a God-less (but certainly not a god-less) world. I can in my mind's eye see the substance and evidence of that hope for myself, and for my children, and future generations with a genuinely believing heart.
In light of this, do today's proceedings worry me? No.
What do you hope for?
Island Christian ACademy
Decidedly Academic - Distinctively Christian.
A few of our wax museum participants
Electives week with Detective Farr from Island County
Service Project, Langley
High School students visit the capital building in Olympia
Spelling bee winners
Sno-Isle Skill Center graduate and ICA senior
Secondary Leadership Retreat
Community service project at the Island County Fairgrounds
Northwest Institute of the Literary Arts winners